Site Meter

24 March 2013

Vietnamese/Yemenese


A few weeks ago, I meet a lady named Saida staying at my hotel. Her father was from Yemen and worked in Vietnam many years ago where he met and married a Vietnamese woman and had several children. Saida (seated far left) was one of his daughters. She moved to the US 47 years ago, met/married an American and had 3 daughters.

Her English and Vietnamese are excellent and she has lived in Annandale, VA for the last 20+ years!. Like me, she has been staying at my motel for weeks and we have had many conversations. I introduced her to the Phamily whom she quickly befriended. Saida is returning to Annandale tomorrow. This evening, I and the Phamily treated her to a "good bye/safe trip" dinner.

Saida is the first & only Vietnamese/Yemenese person I and the Phamily have ever met! We plan to link-up with Saida sometime during April!