Site Meter

11 December 2014

Adjusting

I forgot to mention that Vinh and Thuy (Vinh's wife) met Linh and I at the airport. They waited almost 5 hours for us.
Vinh had a heart attack and a stent implant last June. He was paralyzed from the waste down for 2+ months. He can now walk with a cane - but he is also very frail. He is still unable to drive his motorbike or return to work. Given his condition, I very much appreciated his efforts (physical & psychological) to meet Linh and me at the airport.
The next 2-3 days will be an "time adjustment period" for me. Weather is great = clear, 90F, light breeze. Saigon's busy street commerce, traffic, and "people watching" are still very invigorating/stimulating!
The Saigon neighborhood where I have stayed since 2008 has changed a lot in the last 2 years - my "grocery store" and favorite Japanese sushi bar are both gone! But, my doughnut street peddler is still around (above pic) - from whom I have been buying donuts for almost 7 years!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T