Site Meter

19 May 2016

A New Journey Begins

The last few days have been very busy for Linh (and me).
Last Sunday night (Linh's graduation day), Linh, her mother $ grandad and I had our last dinner in Morgantown at the Texas Roadhouse (one of Linh's favorite restaurants). Linh's grandad was amazed by & loved the free peanuts and all of the wildlife mounts (buffalo, moose, dear, elk, caribou, wild turkeys, bass fish, rattlesnakes, etc). He took dozens (if not hundreds) of pictures.
On Monday Linh, her mother/grandad and I drove from Morgantown to my cabin (2+ hours). During the drive, we stopped at several old, abandoned log cabins so that grandad could take pics. Bottom pic = grandad and I enjoying a tree-hung swing.
At 5AM on Tuesday, Linh and I drove to Dulles airport to drop off her mother and grandad. They safely arrived back in Saigon yesterday.
During the last couple of weeks we have experienced many events, feasts, celebrations, people and emotions.
Linh is now back in Morgantown continuing her job search (which we began 6+ weeks ago). She has had several telephone & face-to-face interviews and several more are scheduled in the near future. Linh's new journey is well underway. I will keep all of you posted if/when there are any updates.