Site Meter

17 November 2008

Phuket Island, Thailand

Patong Beach where there were actually people on the beach! Clean, fine white sand and clear water (Andaman Sea) about 87F. Chair, umbrella and table are about $2.25/day - and are rented by beach side "snack bars". I had food "delivered" to my beach chair by one of the many street vendors located on the street that parallels the beach - terrific ginger chicken, asparagus and gratis watermelon slices for about $1.75! There are only 2 hotels on the beach located on either end of beach where there are few people or street vendors - and they are very expensive. Fortunately, my hotel is just 1.5 blocks from the center of Patong beach.


Me at the Patong Beach "snack bar" and my chair/umbrella location. This will probably be my "beach home" while in Patong.