Site Meter

20 June 2010

Goodbye & Salamat White Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines

The Philippines were named by Magellan in honor of Prince Phillip of Spain. It is comprised of 7,000+ islands of which only half have been named & only 1,000 are inhabited. Of these, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan no doubt has the best beach - appropriately named White Beach. I have tremendously enjoyed my 2-week visit here - primarily because of my adopted, very shy (no pics allowed) hostess - Mary Grace who showed me all that the island had to offer - culture, cuisine, & wonderful people. The above pics are of 2 of the many beautiful Boracay Island sunsets that we shared. Salamat ("thank you" in Tagalog) Mary Grace & the many people I've met on this leg of my journey.
I will spend most of today (Monday, June 21) traveling from Caticlan to Manila and then from Manila to Saigon.