Site Meter

19 March 2012

Return to USA

I departed Saigon on Saturday, March 17. After almost 30 hours travel time and 10,000 miles (16,000KM), I arrived at IAD (Dulles in Washington, DC) on March 18.

There were many sad, long "Goodbyes" during my last week in Saigon. The most difficult of these were those with the "Phamily" <-- Linh, Long (11 year old brother), Thuy (mother) & Vinh (father) Pham. They are terrific people and I thoroughly enjoyed all the time I spent with them - Tet trip to Long Hai, week-escape to their first trip to/experience with a democratic country (Phuket, Thailand), playing Phom (a popular Vietnamese card game), and sharing many fabulous meals prepared by Linh and her mother. I will truly miss them all.

At the moment, I have no future travel plans - not yet anyway. I will let you all know when I do.