Site Meter

03 March 2012

Saigon, Vietnam to Langkawi Island, Malaysia

After 12 hours of travel time and 1500 miles (2400 Kilometers), I arrived at my Sheraton hotel on Langkawi Island. It was a long day of travel - especially the 4+ hour layover in Kuala Lumpur. And, like all of my "commuting sojourns", I am thankful that it is over!
Everything I read about Langkawi said to definitely rent a car at the airport. So I did - very inexpensive = < $20/Day including insurance. One problem - they drive on the wrong side (left) of the road here! Guess that I have to be mindful/cautious!
I arrived at my hotel at 8PM - too late to explore anything but the hotel itself - it is sprawling over 48 acres on a hillside! They run a shuttle service - couldn't survive without it.
Langkawi Island is known for its beaches, marine and wildlife sanctuaries. I look forward to exploring this island tomorrow!