Site Meter

22 January 2009

Nepal’s Himalayan Mountain at Sunrise

My 2nd full day in Kathmandu began with a 5AM driver pickup for a 1.5 hour drive to the foothills to see the Himilayan mountains at sunrise. The trip was disappointing due to poor visibility, but worth reporting.

Because it was disappointing, tomorrow I am going to pay a outrageous fee for a Mount Everest fly over!



These are the famed Himilayan foothills' terraced gardens.




Sunrise with Himilayan range in background. Buddhist and Hindu prayer flags are in foreground because this was taken from a foothill monastery.




It was a beautiful sunrise and the snow-capped Himilayan mountain tops glowed. But the ole BB wasn't able to capture the moment. This is me (freezing my tail off) at sunrise with mountains in background.




I tried to zoom in with by Blackberry’s camera, but getting a clear shot was still not possible.


Given my disappointment with mountain pictures, I am off on an expensive Mt Everest "sunrise fly around" tomorrow at 6AM - so standby for better pictures of "the big one"!