Site Meter

04 January 2012

Friendships & Feasting

I continue to renew my Vietnamese friendships - especially those with the Pham family. Here we are eating lunch at a famous Saigon eatery in the heart of District 1 - known for their pork (my favorite), duck & chicken and terrific rice noodles! Note that the pic includes Linh's mother - Thuy (@ left in pic) - a rarity because she is normally always preparing food and is extremely "camera-shy"! Linh's brother Hoang (aka "Dragon Boy" because Hoang in Vietnamese = Dragon) is dressed in his school's "uniform".
Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find several of my old Saigon friends - but I continue to search for them. Fortunately I also make new acquaintances daily.
Other updates: I have finally completed negotiations with my old hotel's new owners and I am settling in; "Uncle Ho's Revenge" is sub-siding.