Site Meter

02 January 2012

New Year's Day Dinner Feast - 2012


Yesterday I was invited to the Pham's house for dinner to celebrate the first day of the Western new year. This is a pic of Linh helping to prepare dinner in their "new" kitchen - an all-day, 2-person, labor-intensive endeavor (her mother was BBQing pork on the roof-top terrace of their house)! As is always the case, the meal was delicious!



This was my 1st visit to the Pham's house during this trip. They spent the entire previous year renovating their house - including adding a 3rd floor and "terrace", all new furniture, LCD TV, etc! I was very much impressed and amazed with all they had accomplished.



Btw - Linh DOES smile a lot albeit not in these recent pics. Also - no "feasting group pic" because we were rushed & I just forgot to take more pics - Linh's father was late getting to work (as a newspaper editor) & had to also drive me back to my hotel.