Site Meter

19 May 2010

3 Saigon Food/Drink Favorites - Breakfast

Many of you have asked about my favorite Vietnamese foods, eating/drinking habits and food costs while in Saigon. So - hear is some basic info.
Breakfast is included in my hotel costs - and I start each day with it!. There are 2 breakfast choices daily (always the same) - a "breakfast stew" or "fried eggs". I always get the "fried eggs" as pictured above. This IS a Vietnamese breakfast comprised of 2/always hard-fried eggs, a few sliced fresh vegetables, & a large/fresh/toasted bagette.
Unlike the Vietnamese who normally make a very common carry-with-you-breakfast-sandwich by putting the eggs & vegetables on the bagette & adding fish sauce, I eat eggs with fish sauce and bagette separately - putting butter & jelly (normally provided to westerners) on the bagette. It's a hardy breakfast that I look forward to consuming each day!