Site Meter

28 May 2010

Phu Quoc Beach

Here are some Phu Quoc beach pics that many of you have requested. These pics were taken on the beach in front of my hotel looking north & south. The island has many different beaches - this one is supposed to be one of the best & the longest - about 4 kilometers (2.4 mi) which I walked daily. Note that beach is empty - not sure why - but has been that way since I arrived.!? High season = Nov to Feb - low (rainy) season begins mid-Jun. Appears I hit the in-between season. But I have met some really nice European & Australian ladies - most world travelers with whom I enjoy sharing travel stories.
I was told the diving here stunk - but 2 ladies (English & Australian) convinced me to go snorkeling with them. I was pleasantly surprised to discover some coral! Visibility = poor (10-20 feet). Not many fish but lots of sea urchins (one of my favorite seafoods).. Snorkeling convinced me that a diving expedition probably wasn't worth the cost.
I return to Saigon tomorrow - Saturday, May 29. Immediately after landing in Saigon, I have been invited to the Linh's house for their annual feast honoring her father's ancestors. This is a major cultural. & family event that I am honored to have been invited to attend.