Site Meter

12 May 2010

May 11, 2010 - Back to Saigon

12,000+ miles & 33 hours of travel time got me from DC back to Vietnam!
My first flight was 5.5-hour flight fr DC to L.A. The above is a bad pic of the Grand Canyon taken during this travel segment <-- strange yet appropriate first pic of this journey.
I was supposed to have a 45-minute connect time in L.A. - however, because of delays in DC, I had only 8 minutes to connect to a 6900+-mile, 11,5+ hours flight from L.A.. to Narita airport in Tokyo - where I had no BB data services - hence no email updates from there!?
I had a 1.5-hour layover in Tokyo followed by a 6.5-hour flight to Saigon. Made it to Saigon aka Ho Chi Minh City aka HCMC on schedule. Unfortunately, my 1 checked suitcase with my iced insulin in it did not make it. But I have enuf meds with me to last 1+ weeks. Hopefully my "lost luggage" will be delivered way before that!
I miss the cool nights I just left (was 26F or about -4C Monday AM.. It will be in the mid-90s everyday here!
I will NOT miss the oak pollen & my allergies! No oak pollens in the tropics!