Site Meter

23 July 2010

Mandawa & Back to Delhi

Left Bikaner early this AM & after a 5+-hour, 130 mile drive (much of it on very bad roads) arrived at Mandawa. I am staying at the Mandawa Castle originally built in 1755 - see www.CastleMandawa.com then click on Castle Mandawa <- be sure to check out all pages of the "Photo Gallery"! Not much to see here & really nothing worth photographing except maybe the "castle" - but web site pics are far better than anything I could take!
This is the last stop on my 15-day, North India, Golden Triangle tour. Tomorrow we have a 6-hour drive back to Delhi - total mileage = just over 1,800. It was an amazing journey through Rajasthan.
Tomorrow, July 24, I will stay in Delhi overnight & the next day, Sunday, July 25, I will fly to Bangalore to begin a 15-day tour of South India.