Site Meter

27 July 2010

Nagerhole Wildlife Sanctuary 1

I did 2 safaris today - 1 early AM & 1 early PM. Saw many things that I had not seen up north in Sariska!
This sanctuary has the largest heard of wild Asian elephants in the world - numbering over 1,200. This time of year most have migrated north. Today we saw 2 small heards numbering 5-6 elephants each. These were the first "wild" elephants I have ever seen. The top pic is of a male tusker and female..
The center & bottom pics are of a female that disliked our jeep & repeatedly charged us! The guide said this rarely happens & she probably thought that her very young calf was threatened. In any event, I was sitting in the rear of the jeep - closest to her! I did not use a zoom to get these pics - she was within 10 feet of me, running, & pissed,