Site Meter

08 February 2013

Forgot Airport Surprise!

I composed/sent the previous blog update while I was at the airport waiting for my baggage and processing through Vietnamese immigrations and customs.
When I exited Vietnamese immigrations/customs, I was TOTALLY surprised that Linh, her father (Vinh) and brother (Long aka Dragon Boy) were waiting for me at the airport exit!
No one has ever met me at the airport - it is a considerable distance from downtown Saigon - so this was a first and a very pleasant surprise!
We all hugged and exchange happy, heart-felt greetings <-- I have not seen them for a year! It was a great start to my return to Saigon!
I don't like to post blog updates without pics. So - in this update I have included the above pic taken last year of Linh (right) and her friend at a reception wearing a traditional Vietnamese "ao dai"! I had never seen Linh wearing a traditional Ao Dai!