Site Meter

14 February 2013

Tet 2013 - Yet Another Feast



Above pic is another Tet feast at the Pham house! ALL the homemade meals at the "Phamily's" extended family's houses are incredibly delicious - most include Vietnamese foods that you will NEVER find @ Vietnamese restaurants in US!

Last year, Linh had told her mother that one of my favorite foods was Foie Gras. So - for this feast, Linh's mother had prepared pork liver pate using various kinds of traditional Vietnamese spices. I was hesitant about what it would taste like <-- I mean "pork liver"! However - after my 1st bite, my reservations immediately abated! Spread on a fresh-baked Vietnamese baguet (sp?) with locally-produced, fresh salted butter, and a little Vietnamese hot sauce - I was in heaven! Absolutely delicious!

GREAT NEWS - Linh has successfully completed her DS-160, I-901, and scheduled her US Student visa (F-1) interview at the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)! These are MAJOR accomplishments! Her interview will be at 7:30AM, Friday, Feb 22nd (US EST = 7:30PM, Feb 21st)! The US Consulate's approval of her visa is NOT "a given". So - everyone keep their fingers crossed! Prayers would no doubt help too!