Site Meter

14 October 2008

A Big Mistake

At 10AM this morning, I decided I needed to confirm my flights to Indonesia. When I looked at the ticket I realized my flight left TODAY not tomorrow! I had less than 4 hours to pack, check out of the hotel, and catch a cab to the airport. And it takes 1 hour to get to the airport from my hotel!? AND you are supposed to check in for international flights at least 3 hours before departure!?!

I had also planned to meet with Linh and her father this evening to exchange gifts and say goodbye! I was NOT going to leave without seeing her! So, the first thing I did was call Linh who said that she and her father would meet me at the hotel before I left - which they did. Linh had made a wonderful gift, beautifully wrapped, for me she called "the bottle of luck and hope". It contains "lucky stars" and "hopeful birds" - stars for luck and safe journeys, and "hope" that all dreams will come true. She also included a beautifully written note. I shall always cherish both the "talisman" and her note.

Details re today's trip: I depart HCM City at 1:50PM on Garuda Indonesia flight GA869 arriving in Jakarta, Indonesia at 6:10PM. - a long flight! Because it was impossible to make connections to Lombok, I will have to spend the night in Jakarta
I depart Jakarta at 10:50AM tomorrow, Oct 15, for Lombok Island (Mataram Airport) arriving there at 1:40PM - another long flight!

I got things totally confused because my hotel reservation in Lombok didn't begin until Oct 15th! Stupid me!

Anyway, I thank God that I was able to meet with Linh before I left.
I made it to the airport on time and I am now waiting to board my plane.
I am assuming that I will have no data services connection problems in Jakarta and will check in with you then!