Site Meter

16 October 2008

Lombok Island, Indonesia

I am staying at the Senggigi Beach Hotel on Lombok Island. It is located just 123 kilometer (about 72 mi) south of the equator and is really hot - but a constant trade winds makes it comfortable. Technically Lombok and Bali. Islands are the Java Sea. I have been here less than 24 hrs and am still getting settled. I will be staying here for a week.

1st photo: Me on the front porch of my Lombok Island's lodging - I say first bc I intend to move around while here. Bungalow has great AC, indoor and outdoor showers, nice front porch, very comfortable KS bed, refrigerator, and TV. Breakfast included.. Cost = $68/day including outrageous taxes of about 24%! And YES they have bacon! Not in the open at the breakfast bar - but you can order it and ham!

2nd Photo - the crib's landscaping is incredible - that's my bungalow to the right. That "mountain" in the background is a volcano - dormant for just 30 years!







The hotel beach - note perfect surfing waves - 2'-3', breaking perfectly from left to right, about 30 yds from shore. Many surfer dudes around – mostly Indonesians, but have also met some Aussies and South Africans.



me at the beach bar. I can't tell on BB if this pic is legible or not - I hope that it is ok!?