Site Meter

14 October 2008

Saigon Hair Salon

I received several emails lamenting the fact that my haircut dispatch did not include a pic. So, today at considerable expense of time, effort, and VND (Vietnamese Dong), I re-created and captured the scene in a picture.

Regrettably, the pic is sans the attractive masseuse - who was taking a 3-day holiday. When the barber explained this - he also told me that she was his sister AND single.

Note that the pic includes the co-located restaurant in the background which is really located street-front. So, the barber is located deeper in the alleyway. Also note the tarps - the typical and only roofing for such establishments.
Btw - it was VERY difficult trying to explain to the barber what I was trying to do and why! I was his first and only "European" customer - so I guess he assumed that all the stories he had heard about "us" being a little nuts was true.
I. Hope you all appreciate the time and effort that went into re-creating and capturing this event in a pic!? Enjoy!