Site Meter

15 October 2008

I've Made It To Jakarta!

I am now comfortably entrenched in my Air Conditioned hotel room near the airport in Jakarta AND data services appears to be working!

It was a long trip! I was told my flight was "non-stop" from HCM City to Jakarta - it was NOT! Instead it was a "direct flight" with a 1+ hour stop in Singapore!!!! At least I can add another country to my list of "been there done thats"!?
It's hot as blazes here - much more so than Vietnam. But my journey did cross the equator and I am now in the southern hemisphere! And technically I am on the island of Java.Jakarta is incredibly built-up. I am staying in a 3 star hotel because most hotels in the airport area are booked by 6PM every weekday! They drive on the left here - it was a little unnerving for a few minutes when we left the airport because Indonesia is primarily muslim - it will be a while before I'm able to get my bacon fix.

Maybe the black market will be a source!? I'm off to Lombok Island tomorrow!