Site Meter

14 September 2008

Critter Eats


These things looked more like toads than frogs!? They are always displayed alive so that consumers can be assured of their "freshness" when procuring.


Yes, the Vietnamese eat dog - but it is against the "law" to take pictures of the street vendors who sell them alive - I was aggressively approached by many waiving their hands in the air each time I attempted to take a photo! I imagine picture, especially taken by westerners, are discouraged to "protect" the Vietnamese image.. I think I got away with taking this one because these dogs were puppies being sold as pets.

The food dog vendor set-ups are virtually the same though!


By the way - the Vietnamese consider Guinea Pigs a delicacy much as they do in Central and South America! They are sold alive by street vendors - but like dogs, photography is vigorously and aggressively discouraged.