Site Meter

21 September 2008

Nha Trang



Where are all the people!? This is the question I and a few Aussies kept asking ourselves and one another! This was the beach just before noon today!? Kevin - note total absence of waves.


The Louisiane Club is THE place to hang out! But again, as the pic shows - no people and this was taken about 1PM!? The Louisiane club is located directly on the beach - for just $2 you get a lounge chair w/cushion and use of their fresh water pool, showers, and WC! In exchange, they hope and you purchase their drinks, ice cream, and food. Steady tradewinds make it a nice beach - water temp had to be at least high 70's! I chilled there for the entire day!!


Note that I AM smiling in these pictures - in spite of the fact the locale is sans any Baywatch attributes!

Without question - the best lobster I've ever had - charcoal-grilled with a kinda sweet pineapple/banana chutney, served with an incredibly simple and delicious dipping sauce made of lime juice, ground black pepper and lemongrass. All made, eloquently served, and consumed right there on the beach. They spread out and you eat on the blue tarp in the backgrount. Really a fabulous mixture of tastes! I believe I'll have another tomorrow!


Always present - I suppose to remind me what "is". This is some sort of memorial on prime beach front property!