Site Meter

20 September 2008

I've Made it to Nha Trang ...

... And in one piece! Only had about an hour to explore the beach and had to get back to my hotel room for insulin shot.
Looks as if this will be a good place to chill for a while - but it is NEITHER a Baywatch (David) nor South Beach (Kent) sorta beach scene. AND it appears that other than young school kids - no Vietnamese appear to "do" the beach.

I wasn't going to attach a pic to this email because as you'll see it's a cloudy day ... But I have already received emails requesting pics ... So ...

this is the view from my hotel room which was recommended by Lonely Planet (LP)<- my travel bible. Unfortunately, as has been true in almost every case so far, LP's costs are consistently about 25-30% off - meaning I have paid that much more than what Lonely Planet states it will cost!