Site Meter

18 September 2008

The Vietnam Sojourn Continues

I made kinda a last minute decision this evening - tomorrow, Sep 19th at 9:14AM, I am flying on Vietnamese Airlines from Da Nang to Nha Trang <- no probs buying last minute plane tickets here!

Nha Trang pop = 373,000 (1/10 size of HCMC but 4 x larger than Hoi An), located on China Sea in central southern Vietnam. It was here that the Miss Universe Pageant was televised live last month - which some of you may have seen - at least parts of it?!

I was going to do Hue and White Marble Mountain - but several French, Germans, and 2 Russian ladies I had lunch with today said neither were worth the long, bumpy, dusty ride. So I opted out of doing these "excursions."

Anyway, I got the urge for a beach and all the guide books, tourists I've spoken to, and Vietnamese tout Nha Trang as being the best beach in Vietnam! We'll see - I mean I'll see and let you know what I find/experience!

I hope all of you are well! Take care!